How can I prevent my vehicle from getting door dings?
There are several ways to prevent your vehicle from getting door dings:
- Park away from other vehicles: When you park, try to park in a spot where there are no other cars or in a spot that is far away from other vehicles.
- Use designated parking spots: Look for designated parking spots that are specifically designed to prevent door dings. These spots are typically wider than regular parking spots and have additional space on either side.
- Be mindful of parking lot layout: Try to park in a corner spot or end spot that is less likely to have a lot of foot traffic. Avoid parking near shopping carts or trash cans as they can be moved around easily and cause dings.
- Use a car cover: If you are parking your car for an extended period, consider using a car cover to protect it from dings.
- Install door edge guards: Door edge guards are rubber or plastic strips that attach to the edge of your car door and protect it from dings.
- Be aware of your surroundings: When getting in and out of your car, be aware of your surroundings and take extra care not to hit nearby vehicles or objects.
- Educate others: If you see someone opening their car door too close to your vehicle, kindly ask them to be more careful or considerate.
We have another article related to this: 5 Common Causes of Dents on Your Car
Do you have a question not covered in this article, CLICK HERE to talk to us about it!