Before You Buy a Hail Damaged Car | Brandon Hail Repair
Why Buy a Hail Damaged Car Anyway?
After driving your first clunker and adding up 200,000 miles it’s time to pick up a new car with a little less wear and tear. If you don’t care about a few dents and dings then hail damage can help you strike a huge deal on the car of your dreams. But there are a few important details to watch out for to prevent your new ride from becoming an expensive hunk of junk down the road. Call our Brandon hail repair team today at 605-595-4061 to learn more.
Watch Out For:
- Cracked Paint – Modern cars use new urethane paints to protect its metal panels from the elements. This prevents rust and corrosion. If you are looking to buy a hail damaged car make sure none of the dents have chipped the paint. Afterward, check to see if the dings can be repaired with PDR. Our Brandon hail repair techs could save you a lot of money in the long run!
- Broken Windows – Hail can easily crack or even shatter windshields. This can be very dangerous to the electronics in the car. If rain water leaks through the cracks it can damage the modules and center console. Make sure there is a warranty to protect the electrical system, even if the windshield was replaced.
How To Keep Hail Damage From Biting Back Later
So you’ve settled on the car, weighed the pros and cons, and are pretty sure you’re getting a good deal. Next, go see the car for yourself if you haven’t yet. Many sellers skew their information in shady practices. Repair estimates, service history, and the true damage could be intentionally misrepresented to make a quick buck. Here are a few steps you can take to be extra cautious of your purchase:
- Get a quote from a Brandon hail repair team first. If the car is two grand and the repairs are twice that then you didn’t get a deal. You can get a free estimate by calling 605-595-4061.
- Make sure the car is still eligible for comprehensive insurance. This will protect it from further damage.
- If you want to finance the car make sure your lender will finance hail damage.